November 30, 2013
I've been making crayon ducks! Can
you find the Muscovies? I made some really cute Mallard
ducks too, but I have yet to take a photo of them.
You can get your own duck mold by clicking here and
1) Peel the wrappers off of crayons and break them into
small pieces and fill the molds.
2) Set the oven to 225 degrees.
3) Set your duck molds on a cookie sheet with foil
underneath in case of any accidental drips.
4) Set the oven timer for 10 minutes.
5) As the crayons melt down into the molds, you will
need to add more crayon pieces and then set the oven
timer for another 10 minutes. (I just reach into the
oven to do this, but you should probably pull them out
to be safe).
6) Repeat step 5 every ten minutes until the melted
crayons level out and fill the molds nicely. Then,
remove the molds from the oven.
7) Use a toothpick to pop any surface bubbles.
8) Let the molds cool for three hours.
9) Place the molds into the freezer for 10 minutes.
10) Remove the molds from the freezer and pop/peel the
ducks out of the molds.
Tah dah! CRAYONS!!!
to Membership Page